This learning package is for people with experience of working with patients who have diabetes; it is designed to update and refresh their knowledge and know how. If you are new to working with patients with Diabetes, please have a look at our Level 5 Principles of Diabetes for Professional Practice Short Course.
Update your diabetes skills and share best practice
This diabetes refresher package is designed for health and care professionals who manage people with diabetes, wish to refresh their skills and implement quality improvement initiatives.
Led by an experienced clinical specialist and facilitator, these highly interactive sessions will enable you to update your clinical practice by:
- Discussing and reviewing best practice models
- Identifying and researching interdependencies specific to your own practice population e.g. supported self-care and behaviour change; metabolic syndrome; prevention strategies; reducing cardiovascular risk; foot pathology
- Creating a new quality improvement initiative for your practice
- Undertaking peer assessment to help support new initiatives and embed knowledge
- Understanding and developing your leadership skills
This is a series of two 2 hour facilitated online workshops with research and quality initiatives to be undertaken between sessions. It combines group discussions, peer review and best practice development. These sessions are highly interactive, based on the specific needs of the individuals and group; led by an experienced facilitator and clinical specialist.
Familiarisation of national guidance along with any local formularies and guidelines will be an asset.