4th April 2022
A new Royal College of Nursing education fund of £300,000 is now available to nurses, midwives and healthcare support workers in the NHS.
The Fund has been made possible by a donation from Deliveroo, raised by its customers and partners as part of their Supporting the NHS and vulnerable groups campaign.
It is estimated that 200 beneficiaries will be able to receive grants through this fund for further training and education in their field.
The Fund is now open for applications and will remain open until Tuesday 19 April 2022. Successful applicants can receive up to £1,600 towards educational courses. To apply visit the RCN website.
You can use education funding for…
We’re delighted to confirm that funding can be used to book a place on our education and training courses, such as:
- Our Postgraduate modules: For example, funding could be used to book a place on our Non-Invasive Ventilation and Respiratory Failure module or our Ethical Issues in Long Term Conditions module. View our full postgraduate module list here.
- Our clinically-focused courses: Asthma, COPD, Diabetes and Heart Failure are some of the clinical areas we specialise in. Our courses are accredited by the University of Hertfordshire, taught online for maximum flexibility and enable you to deepen your knowledge and expertise. View our course list here.
- Our short courses: We provide short online interactive courses in a range of topics via our Essentials and Refreshers webinars. We also run numerous Spirometry training courses and a Finding the Leader Within course. Find out more.
Applying for funding
To apply for the education funding, you need to be either a:
- UK-registered nurse or midwife working in the NHS
- Healthcare support worker working in the NHS
- Doing a UK-accredited course with an eligible start date (between 1 September 2022 and September 2023).
To apply for funding, visit the RCN website.