This CPD-accredited Heart Failure Refresher learning package is aimed at learners who already have experience with patients with Heart Failure, to support them to refresh their skills. If you are new to working with patients with Heart Failure , please have a look at our Level 5 Foundations of Managing Chronic Heart Failure Short Course.
Update your heart failure knowledge and skills and share best practice with this CPD accredited course.
This heart failure refresher package is designed for health and care professionals who currently manage people with chronic heart failure and wish to refresh their skills and implement quality improvement initiatives.
Led by an experienced clinical specialist and facilitator, these highly interactive sessions will enable you to update your clinical practice by:
- Discussing and reviewing best practice models
- Reviewing current guidelines around diagnosing and managing heart failure
- Evaluating pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment pathways
- Exploring the characteristics of end-stage heart failure and palliative care decisions
- Identifying a new quality improvement initiative for your practice
- An understanding of best practice models and treatment strategies
- A range of options for supporting people in self-management
- How to apply national and local guidelines
- How to understand the needs of your practice population and take positive action
- The completion of a service improvement initiative for your practice
This is a series of two 2 hour facilitated online workshops with research and quality initiatives to be undertaken between sessions. It combines group discussions, peer review and best practice development. These sessions are highly interactive, based on the specific needs of the individuals and group; led by an experienced facilitator and clinical specialist.
Familiarisation of national guidance along with any local formularies and guidelines will be an asset.