Closed Group: This course was available only for learners confirmed with Newham CCG. This course is now fully booked. Please contact Newham Training Hub for information on future courses.
If this does not apply to you, click here to see other dates for Diabetes Online Refresher or if you are interested in commissioning this course for your learners, please click here to contact our Partnerships Team.
This course can only be purchased as a single item in your basket using a specific licence code.
Delivery: Facilitated online group sessions – two, two hour sessions with research to be undertaken between sessions.
Dates: 19th May, 10.30-12.30 and 8th July, 10.30-12.30
Course Information Sheet: click to download
Update your diabetes skills and share best practice
This diabetes refresher package is designed for health and care professionals who manage people with diabetes, wish to refresh their skills and implement quality improvement initiatives.
Led by an experienced clinical specialist and facilitator, these highly interactive sessions will enable you to update your clinical practice by:
- Discussing and reviewing best practice models
- Identifying and researching interdependencies specific to your own practice population e.g. supported self-care and behaviour change; metabolic syndrome; prevention strategies; reducing cardiovascular risk; foot pathology
- Creating a new quality improvement initiative for your practice
- Undertaking peer assessment to help support new initiatives and embed knowledge
- Understanding and developing your leadership skills
This is a series of two 2 hour facilitated online workshops with research and quality initiatives to be undertaken between sessions. It combines group discussions, peer review and best practice development. These sessions are highly interactive, based on the specific needs of the individuals and group; led by an experienced facilitator and clinical specialist.
Familiarisation of national guidance along with any local formularies and guidelines will be an asset.