Supporting patients with long term conditions by delivering education to the right audience, at the right time, and in the right way.
In 2011, TEVA UK worked with Education for Health to develop a free online resource dedicated to Healthcare Professionals – REAL: Respiratory Education and Training.
The resource was designed to support Healthcare Professionals who had an interest in improving respiratory care and service, and which ultimately would support the life of patients with long term respiratory conditions.
Education for Health worked closely with the client to design a resource which
- Developed the skills, knowledge and competence of nurses to recognise, manage and treat respiratory conditions including Asthma and COPD
- Raised awareness of Asthma and COPD, highlighting the need for education & nurses’ role in improving standards
- Developed and grow a community of interested nurses by promoting and encouraging regular usage via relevant, targeted and regularly updated content
- Promote the evidence base for the management of Asthma and COPD
- Promoted education as an important contributor to high quality patient care
- Promoted the profile of TEVA within the respiratory community via partnership with Education for Health
The response to the resource has been fantastic and the community of users continues to grow:
- Visitors: With over 9,000+ visits to the site over 3 years – 5,475 unique visitors.
- Built a community with around 400+subscribers to the e-News alert asking for notification of new case studies.
- In total 8,985 case studies undertaken and certificates of completion downloaded.