Revalidation with The Open University
2nd July 2018
We are very pleased to announce that following a very successful revalidation event, a recommendation is being made by The Open University, subject to some conditions, to revalidate our programmes for the maximum period of five years.
The programmes are:
- DipHE Long Term Conditions
- BSc (Hons) Long Term Conditions
- BSc (Hons) Long Term Conditions (Respiratory)
- BSc (Hons) Long Term Conditions (Cardiovascular)
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Clinical Practice – General Practice Nursing
We would like to extend particular thanks to the Student Representatives who contributed their time, and either met or spoke to representatives from The Open University about their, and other students’ experiences.
In addition, thanks go to everyone who has completed their module and/or programme evaluation forms. The Open University place great emphasis on student experience, and take all feedback into account when reviewing programmes.
Part of the revalidation process involved a slight restructure of the programme and proposals for new modules to be developed over the next few years. These modules are listed below, do keep an eye out for announcements relating to their development and launch, or click on any title and register your interest to be told when the modules are available.
- Mental Health Awareness in Long Term Conditions, 15 credits, Level 5,
- Mental Health as a Comorbidity in Long Term Conditions, 15 credits, Level 6
- The Diagnosis & Management of Asthma and COPD, 30 credits, Level 6
- Care of the Older Person with Frailty, 15 credits, Level 5
- Principles of Frailty as a Long Term Condition, 15 credits, Level 6
- Person-Centred Dementia Care, 15 credits, Level 5
- Contemporary Dementia Care as a Long-Term Condition, 15 credits, Level 6
- Managing Obesity, 30 credits, Level 6
Finally, many people within the organisation were involved in the planning, preparing for and attending this event, it was a huge team effort and the Programme Team extend thanks to all students and staff.