10th February 2021
To ensure our Covid-19 suite of resources includes the most relevant, up to date and useful information, we worked closely with the below thought leaders and experts.
Some are at the forefront of care delivery and therefore understand the impact Covid-19 is having on the day to day management of primary and secondary care. Others are leaders in their fields of research, centring on topics which link to the pandemic. All bring with them a passion to share knowledge, support healthcare professionals and enable the very best patient care.
Our suite of resources includes webinars, podcasts, articles, fact sheets and much more. Below you can meet our experts and gain an overview of their contribution to the programme.
Prof Rob Horne
- Professor of Behavioural Medicine at University College London.
- Research focuses on the role of psychological and behavioural factors in explaining variation in response to treatment.
- Founding Fellow of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine.
- Founding Director of Spoonful of Sugar Ltd, a UCL Business company, a consultancy specialising in adherence.
Prof Hilary Pinnock
- Professor of Primary Care Respiratory Medicine at University of Edinburgh
- Family doctor in Whitstable, Kent
- Leading roles in the Asthma UK Centre for Applied Research and the RESPIRE NIHR Global Health Research Unit.
- Head of Assembly 1 of the European Respiratory Society, and actively involved with the International Primary Care Respiratory Group and the UK Primary Care Respiratory Society.
- Member of the BTS/SIGN British Asthma Guideline Development Group.
- Associate editor of npj Primary Care Respiratory Medicine.
ANP Julie Lennon
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner and NHS National Education Scotland (NES) Education Advisor for North Highlands
- General Practice Nurse
- Education Supervisor for NES
- Associate for Education for Health
- Member of a Specialist Nursing team supporting patients who have a diagnosis of Covid and monitoring deterioration of symptoms.
Dr Lance Turtle
- Senior clinical lecturer/honorary consultant in infectious diseases at the University of Liverpool
- Wellcome clinical intermediate clinical career development fellow.
- Currently working on emerging virus infections, particularly arboviruses, EV-71 and since 2020 SARS-CoV-2.
- Co-chair of Hackney Young Futures Commission
- Advisor for the National Citizens Service
- Strategy manager of MyLifeMySay.
- Involved in youth club, school and estate visits to discuss key issues with young communities and push for social change.
- Founder of ECG Training.
- Former Milton Keynes Hospital Senior Resuscitation Officer.
- Future vision is to further improve the accessibility and quality of healthcare training.
- Practice Manager of a remote and rural Scottish GP practice since 2003.
- Practice manager trainer for NHS Education for Scotland
- Opened new Pharmacy business in 2011
- SCIMP panel member
- Practice manager representative on Scottish Government dispensing SLWG
- Practising pharmacist for over 30 years.
- Head of Service Development at Dr Fertility.
- Former Senior healthcare development manager, operational analyst, and condition category manager at one of the UK’s largest pharmacy chains.
- Significant experience delivering vaccination programmes and is currently training up healthcare professionals to deliver vaccinations.
- Over 30 years’ experience in Social medicine.
- Focuses on behavioural change techniques and engaging with local groups to facilitate change.
- His past work in International Development and with UK BAME communities has led to sustainable ongoing change.
Dr Dan Wootton
- NIHR Advanced Fellow in Respiratory Infection at Aintree University Hospital.
- Works at the University of Liverpool within the ‘Institute of Infection, Veterinary and Ecological Sciences’ (IVES).
- Conducts clinical sessions as a Consultant Respiratory Physician at Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- During COVID he set up and led the local trusts post-COVID clinic.
- Senior Respiratory Specialist Physiotherapist
- UK’s first Advanced Critical Care Practitioner.
- Background in cardiothoracic inpatient care, cardiac rehabilitation, acute and community respiratory care and pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Clinical Lead Respiratory Physiotherapist at University College Hospital, London.
- Runs a Respiratory Outpatient Physiotherapy service.
- Lead physiotherapist on UCLH’s COVID CPAP unit
- Helped create the post COVID follow up clinic.
Dr Simon Bourne
- Respiratory Consultant at Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust.
- Former lead COPD consultant, and senior lecturer at University Hospital Southampton in
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- CEO of digital health company my mhealth Limited who launched their first telehealth product to support patients with COVID-19 and developed an analytics and insights platform to understand and support their patients and customers.
- Consultant Neurologist at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, part of University College London Hospital.
- Highly Specialist Neuro Physiotherapist at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, part of University College London Hospital.
Dr Linda Edwards
- Chief Executive of Education for Health
- Organisational change facilitator, clinician, and author on leadership.
- Clinical roots and leadership experience blend seamlessly with her passion for improving health outcomes.
- Clinical background in behavioural psychology and podiatry