Debunking the myths of respiratory health
On Monday 27 June, we launched our week-long campaign on respiratory health, focusing on debunking some myths linked to Asthma and COPD. Everyday we released a new video here on our website, where a member of our team examined a common myth within respiratory health and shed some light on the real facts.
Through these bite-size videos we aim to share knowledge and tips linked to respiratory health and support health and care professionals to impact health outcomes. So now’s the time to test your knowledge; and feel free to share these videos with others.
Want to know more about our respiratory courses?
For over 30 years we’ve provided education and training courses focusing on respiratory conditions including asthma, COPD and spirometry. Our courses include higher education courses accredited by the University of Hertfordshire as well as short CPD accredited workshops. All of our courses are supported by clinical experts, are taught online and include interactive elements and opportunities to share best practice with your peers.
- Foundations of managing asthma: accredited by the University of Hertfordshire, this diploma level course includes two pre-recorded lectures, a minimum of five live sessions and eLearning content. The course covers diagnosis, treatment and current clinical guidelines.
- Smoking Cessation: Help patients to decrease their risk of 12 cancers and cardiovascular diseases by setting up smoking cessation initiatives. The next date for this interactive, one-day workshop is 20 September 2022.
Our other respiratory courses:
- Our Refresher courses: taught by experienced clinical specialists, these short courses are ideal for those who are currently supporting asthma or COPD patients, or those wishing to update their knowledge and skills. These courses will enable you to update your clinical practice alongside implementing quality improvement initiatives.
- Our Essentials courses: designed for practitioners who have recently begun to, or are preparing to, support patients with asthma or COPD. This may include newly qualified nursing staff, HCAs and HCSWs, social care staff, or experienced healthcare professionals who have been recently deployed in respiratory care.
- Postgraduate modules: we also offer four postgraduate modules, ideal for those looking to specialise in respiratory care. These include non-invasive ventilation, respiratory diagnostics and respiratory assessment and examination.
- Spirometry: we provide four spirometry courses, ensuring that no matter what level of experience you have, we have something suitable to support your learning.
Sign up to our newsletter
Sign up to receive our e-newsletter and be the first to hear about new courses, funding opportunities, course dates and events.
Note: The Respiratory Health Debunking Myths campaign was created with health and care professionals in mind. All content was correct at the time of creation.