Clinical experts with an interest in education can become markers for the organisation. While all Education for Health Trainers are encouraged to become markers and to mark the assessments for cohorts that they teach, there is always a need for extra resource in this area. You can become a marker without being a Trainer.
- Opportunities exist for marking of examinations and coursework in a range of subjects and at a variety of academic levels
- In accordance with usual academic practice, it is expected that markers will have studied at an academic level above the level of the work which they are assessing
- Markers can also participate in Assessment Committees and Exam Board meetings and contribute to the review of learning resources and assessment methods
- Prospective markers with relevant academic and clinical qualifications attend a marking workshop and an individual induction plan based on previous experience is negotiated
- The induction plan is co-ordinated and monitored by the Academic Team and includes: mentoring, practice marking and a period of double-blind marking, until attainment of Education for Health marking competencies is demonstrated.
For further details about becoming a marker please contact our Trainer/Marker Administator on 01926 838969 or firstname.lastname@example.org.