Education for Health were the first educational institution to promote the role of practice nurses and to provide high quality education to enable them to extend their roles into the field of Long Term Conditions.
This innovative spirit continues to inform all of our activities, ensuring that we continue to provide high quality health professional education and training. Here are some of the many ways we take action:
- We advocate the importance of continuous professional education in raising quality standards and in sustaining a world class health service
- As more services shift into primary care, we continue to expand our health and social care training to the whole multidisciplinary team. We make it easy for you to organise healthcare training in your area, our NHS Partnerships Team can support and collaborate with you to build what you need.
- We work hard to anticipate the needs of an evolving primary health and social care workforce. We are creating a growing portfolio of disease prevention, risk management and health improvement training courses.
- We work in partnership with individuals, other charities and professional associations to improve patient care
- We collaborate in research, helping to create a growing body of evidence for the role of health professional education as a lever for service improvement. Evaluation is a core part of our offering.
- We are experts in developing educational events, materials and digital content which motivates and inspires adult learners to improve their care of patients. Our Creative Healthcare Learning Solutions team can tailor and develop entirely bespoke education and training to suit the needs of individual organisations.
- We work collaboratively to develop innovative ways to disseminate research and to encourage evidence-based and guidelines-based care.
- We reach out to work with people in a number of different ways; there are opportunities for people to work with us and become an employee, a Trainer, a marker or a volunteer at Education for Health.