I’ve had the best working year of my whole career. The project has been very well received and all involved have been so enthusiastic. We still have lots to do to change attitudes but I believe that if all we have done is raise the profile of COPD, and made HPs think more about the disease, then we have achieved a lot.
Run a Course
We make it easy for you to organise healthcare training in your area
Good quality healthcare training is a key element in making progress to improve patient care, keep your staff up to date with disease management, and help your staff with their CPD and achieve your PCT or CCG objectives. If you are looking to provide relevant, up-to-date, detailed healthcare training, Education for Health is your natural choice. We offer three pathways to achieve your degree/diploma which are flexible and adaptable to learning needs.
We make it easy for you to commission and run courses for your staff:
- All degree, diploma and workshops are delivered locally to you, drawing on our national network of over 80 trainers
- By minimising travel time, we ensure greater training uptake and best use of time
- We consult with you and then tailor courses to your particular needs
- We advise you on commissioning the right course at the appropriate level by helping you to match it to your training needs analysis
- All our courses are right up-to-date, reflecting current primary healthcare practice
- All courses are designed to satisfy relevant quality standards, national guidelines and legislation
- We offer courses across the UK and Ireland, aimed at meeting the specific needs of Primary Care Trusts, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Local Health Boards, acute care and other organisations.
To book a course or for further information email us or phone Nina on 07794 433896
Guide to running a course
This guide includes the administration process, facilities and equipment required for the interactive study days.
To assess the course levels are appropriate for your staff in relation to the national qualification framework view the training needs document or email us to discuss your needs or phone Nina on 07794 433896
To find out what 'level 5' (Higher Education level 2), 'level 6' (Higher Education level 3) and 'level 7' (Higher Education 'M' level) refer to, visit our Education & Training section.
How we can help you promote your course
Our course information sheets can be adapted for distribution with dates and venue information for the study days. We can also advertise the course on our website to assist in promoting the course should this be required.
For further information email us or contact:
Nina Rawstrone, Tel: 07794 433896 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pages in this section
Catherine Tutt, a Specialist Practitioner in Practice Nursing commissioned a COPD Diploma Course for 12 GPs and 10 nurses in Buckinghamshire. The training formed part of a special project that she is leading on from her surgery, with the aim of improving care for COPD patients.
Find a course
The guide has been released by Primary Care Commissioning, and provides practical support to commissioners and providers of healthcare services.
This paper discusses the case for nurse-led interventions and consultations in supporting patients and families affected by COPD.
- more news